There are the following screen issues: cannot touch at all, partial unresponsive, and ghost-touch. Here we will share the solutions to each touch issue.
Case 1, Cannot Touch At All
If the screen cannot touch at all, then it is probably caused by improper installation. Such an issue is very easy to fix. Just check the flex connectors, ensure that they have been connected well. Then check the flex cables, ensure that they have not been damaged. After these done, install the screen again. In most cases, the touch issue will be solved.
Case 2, Partial Unresponsive
The screen can touch, however, some parts of it fail to touch. Such being the case, it is the screen itself that has been faulty. If the screen is a new one, you need to return it to the seller and ask for another good screen.
Case 3 Ghost-Touch
Screen ghost touch is the most difficult touch issue. If the screen is ghost touch, the first thing to do is to install it again, since improper installation would cause ghost touch. Incidentally, better to wear an anti-ESD glove when installing the screen.
If it is not caused by ESD or improper installation, then it is a screen quality issue, and very commonplace in the aftermarket. Why? Because the quality issue is not caused by less advantage screen technology.
We could figure out the issue by analyzing how a screen works. A screen needs both hardware and software to work.
For the iPhone original screens, the display is independent of the touch IC, which is supplied by the leading companies, such as Samsung, Taiwan Semiconductor. With the advanced 14nm and 7nm process, the original IC is endowed with top computing power.
On the other hand, the aftermarket Incell screen driver technology is TDDI. The main IC is in charge of the display driver and touch driver simultaneously. Even worse, the IC is supplied by China mainland manufacturers. As we all know, the IC process is lower, in most cases, 28nm-70nm. As a result, the IC has a much lower performance.
Since iPhone X, the driver IC software volume of the new iPhone screen is getting larger and larger. While the aftermarket low-process IC has insufficient computing power for complex software data. Hence the auxiliary IC is employed for assisting computing.
A Summary To Aftermarket iPhone Screens
Generally speaking, there are the following hardware and software solutions in the aftermarket:
- The dual-layer circuits scheme, that is, employs lithographic dual-layer flex circuits. The advantage is that no extra IC needed, so the BOM cost is lower. However, the dual-layer circuits are easily overheated, it cannot function well for a long time run.
- Dual-core, two sets with-EEPROM driver IC, the auxiliary IC plus the 28nm main IC. Since the IC quantity is doubled, the dual-core IC has the same computing power as the original 14nm IC, thus could compute big software data
- One-core, only one set with-EEPROM driver IC. Since it has less computing power than 14nm IC, so the computing power is not high enough, and overheating also could happen, thus affect the stability.
- Rewrite code, to simplify the driver software from the bottom layer. Theoretically, the smaller the software, the more smoothly it runs. However, since iPhone X， the original software has been encrypted, very hard to hack. Lots of software bugs lurk and lack stability.
Comparing the four solutions, it is obvious that the dual-core, two sets with-EEPROM driver IC is the best one.
How To Choose An Ideal Aftermarket iPhone Screen?
To reduce the touch issues to a minimum, better choose the brand with strict QC. And we advise against choosing the screens with over-high brightness, which will cause over-heating and lead to touch issues.
Here we recommend the QD Pro 2.0. it has made many improvements in both software and hardware compared with the other aftermarket screens.
- It employs dual-core, two sets with-EEPROM driver IC, has more powerful performance.
- Rewrite software code, simplify driver software package, thus have higher stability with optimized data
- Reasonable brightness, as high as the original. With reasonable power dissipation, It performs well on brightness, color, and stability. Because of this, it avoids the heating issues caused by high power backlight units, hence prevents its touch circuits from being damaged.
- It employs ESD conductive silver glue to remove ESD, and effectively reduce the ghost touch issue
- It employs the original COF assemblies. Narrow bezel, and better vision.
- It has high but reasonable brightness, top-level color performance, excellent display
Check the detailed information here: